In this elegantly reported book, journalist Andy Steiner introduces us to dozens of people who have lived through excruciating times. We meet a marathon runner who suffers a massive heart attack, an entrepreneur whose new venture ate up his savings, a brother who lost his sister to suicide, and more. These are difficult things to endure, and difficult things to discuss. But the subjects all opened themselves up to Steiner, offering helpful advice about how they lived through tough times. This is a book for anyone who has gone through something hard, such as a mental health challenge, and wants to see a way out. It’s a book for all of us.
To read excerpts from a chapter, just click on its title:
* How to Survive a Heart Attack
* How to Survive the Death of a Spouse
* How to Survive a Chronic Illness
* How to Survive a Partner’s Seismic Change
* How to Survive Debt, Bankruptcy, and Foreclosure
* How to Survive the Death of a Child